Our Sessions of Intellectual Discovery are clubhouse-style discussions with preeminent voices on the most compelling topics in mental health and psychedelics.
- Rick Doblin, Ph.D., Founder and Director of MAPS
- Brian Muraresku and Andrew Koh – Psychedelics & Religion
- Indigenous Communities & Psychedelic Medicines
Rick Doblin, Ph.D., Founder and Director of MAPS
We hosted Rick Doblin, Ph.D., founder and director of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS).
Brian Muraresku and Andrew Koh - Psychedelics & Religion
The Noetic team introduces Brian Muraresku and Andrew Koh for a discussion about whether psychedelics played a role in the origin of religion in western civilization.
Brian is the author of the sold-out and Amazon Instant Bestseller The Immortality Key: The Secret History of the Religion with no Name. Brian graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Brown University with a degree in Latin, Greek and Sanskrit. As an alumnus of Georgetown Law and a member of the New York Bar, he has been practicing law internationally for fifteen years. Brian has recently appeared on Joe Rogan, CNN, Vice, NPR and Goop amongst many others.
Dr. Andrew Koh’s (MIT) research focuses on cross-cultural interactions, social complexity, and ecologies of the past through the lens of ancient technology, medicine, and craft (especially as they pertain to organic goods and their associated vessels). Before earning his PhD in archaeology, ancient history, and archaeological science at the University of Pennsylvania, Andrew completed his undergraduate degree in biophysics (pre-medicine) and classics followed by a master’s degree in ancient Near Eastern and biblical studies.
Brian and Andrew discussed the fascinating research underway in Archaeochemistry and Archaeobotany – especially as it pertains to the historical use of psychedelics in western civilization, as well as their most recent initiative – The Harvard Center for Ancient Pharmacology, Medicine and Ritual.
Indigenous Communities & Psychedelic Medicines
A Clubhouse-style panel discussion about Indigenous Communities and Psychedelic Medicines.
We were joined by:
- Sutton King MPH (Executive Director of the Urban Indigenous Collective a grassroots nonprofit dedicated to the health and wellness of Urban Natives, and co-founder of ShockTalk),
- Dr. Dennis McKenna (Ethnobotanist, Ethnopharmacologist and Founder of McKenna Academy of Natural Philosophy),
- Dr. Luis Eduardo Luna (Guggenheim Fellow, Author and Director/Founder of Research Center for the Study of Psychointegrator Plants, Visionary Art, and Consciousness in Brazil), and
- Jesse Hudson (Anthropologist and Niche Lawyer).